CPE Course: Trainer of Trainers in Crisis Management for Educators
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Summer 2011 Course: Trainer of Trainers in Crisis Management for Educators K-12
August 3, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14, 2012
Robert Truscello, Instructor
In Pennsylvania, the School Code mandates that educational staff intervene in situations in which a person poses a threat to him/herself or to another in the school setting. This course will provide participants with both the expertise and the skills necessary to train others in safe strategies for dealing with these situations. Included are six modules (one per day) that cover safe, hands-on physical interventions appropriate for crisis situations in the educational setting, preventative information, and skill development performance, feedback, and assessment.
- Instructor: Bob Truscello
- Credit: Three (3) CPE Credits (equivalent of 90 Act 48 hours)
- Location: ARIN Rooms A-B
- Dates:August 3, 6, 8, 9 13, 14, 2012
- Time: 8 am – 4 pm
- Cost: $375.00 for those seeking Act 48 credit, $300.00 for all others.
- Audience: School administrators, teachers, psychologists, counselors, clinicians, and nursing staff.
- Other: Half hour lunch break. Please pack a lunch/snacks. Because of active physical participation throughout this course, participants should be in reasonably good physical condition, should dress comfortably, and should refrain from wearing jewelry.
- Class Size: 25 max (minimum of 10)
For additional information or to register, click “Registration” on the left.